Email us.

Email us with any questions or reviews. Leave the subject untouched.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Warcraft III Expansion Pack: Frozen Throne

The One With The Nose

Rating: 9.3

I just recently acquired this expansion pack, and I enjoy it immensely. I wrote a letter to Blizzard Entertainment a few weeks back complimenting Warcraft III and expressing my hope that I would eventually be able to play the expansion pack Frozen Throne. Not only did they write back with a personal letter, they sent me a free copy of Frozen Throne. Right on, Blizzard! Now then, onto the review...

I've been playing this game every chance that I've had, and I pride myself on knowing the little details of the game. There are very few glitches that I know of, but the few that there are are interesting. One glitch that I know of is that, if you are playing as a human, if you select a peasant that is working on a building with another peasant, that peasant will not be able to move or work for around 30 seconds after the building is completed. There are a variety of new units in the Frozen Throne expansion pack, and new buildings. The new units are as follows:


Humans:

  • Blood Mage (Hero)
  • Dragon Hawk Rider (Air unit. Built in Griffin Aviary)
  • Spell Breakers (Ground unit. Removes spells and melee. Built in Arcane Sanctum)
Undead:

  • Crypt Lord (Hero)
  • Obsidian Statue (Ground unit. Heals units. Built in Slaughterhouse)
  • Destroyer (Flying form of Obsidian Statue)
Night Elf:

  • Warden (Hero)
  • Mountain Giant (Ground unit. Heavy melee. Built in Ancient of Lore)
Orcs:

  • Shadow Hunter (Hero)
  • Troll Batrider (Air unit. Built in Beastiary)
  • Spirit Walker (Ground unit. Ethereal. Built in Spirit Lodge)
There are also the addition of neutral heroes that can be hired at Taverns to do your bidding. They are as follows
  • Naga Sea Witch
  • Paandaren Brewmaster
  • Beastmaster
  • Dark Ranger
  • Pit Lord
This game is definitely worth the money it costs, and if you own Warcraft III, you should definitely buy the Frozen Throne expansion pack. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment